Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Garden Dresser Bliss

  Ever so strong winds again today..  the effects we here in NW Ohio have received the past couple days from the storm that has been going up the East coast... All my " outdoor efforts" have ceased for several days now , with a promise of a better week coming.. I am once again wanting inspiration for the garden and outdoor spaces..Yesterday afternoon we purchased a small water pump and a gazing ball but didn't find the wind chimes I desired... My china fountain I make every year will be placed on the front porch this year but I need to have some patience there also.. My little bird house has a mother finch on her nest and she gets very disturbed when one makes her fly from her nest... She just hatched her eggs and is very protective and I don't care to cause her stress... Maybe by " Moms Day" I can complete that project... The gazing ball I have plans on just laying it on the ground in the stones landscaped area around the pool with the hopes it will survive the youth that will be making use of the pool over summer...
     The above picture I just love and it was taken from Pinterest... What is it about the dressers and chests of drawers that is drawing me in this year... I just love the look.... Maybe it's the thought of the treasure hunt for just the right old piece of the past....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Usually when you make plans something is bound to get in the way, so I have more or less stopped planning and just take things as they come. Hope you will soon get better weather, over here temperatures are still low and there's too much rain; oh well, we'll just make it cosy inside then. Hope everything's alright Marietta, take care, Ira

Ruth Kelly said...

Yes, it is a lovely picture but if I tried that, they would all be wilting. I am not much of a gardener.

Sandi said...

I LOVE that photo Marietta and would love to do something like that in my gardens. I have the perfect little chest of drawers that I purchased several years ago for 1.00. {chippy white, green and pink}, but I use it inside so that won't work. Maybe I can find another someday.
Blessings~
{Just about got blown away here the past two days. It blew over my glass house and knocked several of the panes out, but I don't think they broke...crazy weather!}

Holidays in Barbados said...

I like the most such natural description.Thanks a lot.