Saturday, May 12, 2012

Timeless



I have been MIA most of this past week spending all time extra in my outdoor spaces making ready for summer use... Planting is completed for this year except for a sweet potato vine to climb up the old hoe handle and if I can find some flowering Kale...The back space is about 98% done also... Pics next week or so when the pool is completely ready and minus it's solar blanket which doesn't make for lovely pictures... I am pleased with the spaces and stayed on a very tight budget with the touches of romance with the use of vintage objects and old china.. Garden and outdoor spaces make such lovely gathering places..
    As soon as I post this I have some very old silverware I want to tuck in a couple of the pots in the back and a couple more china dishes to bury in the ground... This space is designed for a very simple living and even with the pool I like to keep the country feel  with the charm and not so elegant... Just a touch of glam mixed with the timeworn and distressed makes it my style...
    Well I am off ... to do my projects.. Will share more next week... Ps. In the picture with the old buggy ... the beautiful plant in the buggy is a Mothers Day gift from Tom's daughter Trish and her family... It is just lovely and I can view it from my picture window in the living room when now outside to enjoy it... The front porch as you can see I keep very simple as most of our time is spent in the back area... Planning on at least a lovely hour today to sit stretched out on one of our lounges ... with a book and listening to the soft harmony of the chimes Tom purchased for me... The money spend has proved to be worth every dollar... They are so very lovely to the ear...  Best of wishes sent your way for a very pleasant Mother's Day ... Enjoy the moments....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos look absolutely wonderful and very inviting Marietta, you and Tom will spend many a fine hour sitting in your lovely garden! Have a happy Mother's Day today. Wishes, Ira

Susie said...

Marietta, I love your flower gardens. They are so pretty. It is hard work keeping things nice. Happy Mother's Day. Smiles, Susie

victorian parlor II said...

Oh my gosh your house is gorgeous!!! What a lovely, welcoming place to live:).

Blessings,

Kim