Monday, October 29, 2012

Blustry Monday

Very cold here this morning as we are forecast to have high winds for the next couple of days.  I went out on the front porch and stripped the fall decorations ..even though they were tied down they would still end up out in fields or at neighbors or somewhere out  yonder...I am warming up from that venture as I write this post..
    Yesterday was also a indoor day.. I had searched Etsy and Ebay for some clock faces for a small tree I want to place in the front entrance of our home.. but decided I did not want to spend the money..so I went back to school days with the cutting and gluing and printed a couple different clock faces.. cut and glued together and made some handmade wire hangers.. They ready turned out well and do look to be real... I also printed a sweet young girl vintage image, paper punched a lovely corner and added a rhinestone for a brooch.. Hand written " Vintage" tag that has been stained.. I have a small collections of glass vintage ornies in storage I was thinking that will add some color if needed for this tree...  it will have it's own personality... as it welcomes you as you come to the front door... Hint: there are tons of clock face images if you type in clock face images on your computer....
    The years have changed as I have aged to the amount of excitement the holidays create.. Now a small tree but a decorated home, a much smaller amount of baking and virtually no shopping.. blended families of myself and Tom do gather and share time however... The holidays now seem to reveal memories that have stacked up over the years.. I still however enjoy adding vintage charms of embellishment for personal enjoyment even though it will be on a very tight shoestring that seems to be getting shorter every year... Enjoyment will be sought no matter what is wrong with the world and desires of kindness will be placed first..
   Laundry awaits placing in the dryer and I think I will be off to search out the small tree I desire to place in the area I created the ornaments I shared today and bring it up and clean the corner making ready the vignette for welcoming you into our home...
and let  the coming seasons begin..
    To all in harms way.. may you be safe and know thoughts are with you...

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I LOVE your clock ornies Marietta! Hold down the fort because I hear it is very windy today. It is windy here also {at my daughters in Burton, MI)...about to blow away if you step outside.:)
Blessings~