Friday, November 9, 2012

Being Different, That's Alright

Being different... that's alright... Some may say I am different and a bit out of my mind having my Christmas decorating 99 percent completed... We all do and enjoy things differently.. I personally have always enjoyed the making of decorations since early childhood.. maybe because I was blessed with some artistic ability... I also enjoy baking for the holidays but do very little anymore since it would be Tom and I enjoying it... In the past very large amounts were baked but those are memories and that's quite ok. 
    If one doesn't enjoy these pleasures.. nor may not have the time there are always great options available these days with bakeries and local stores... The main purpose is to make ones self and others happy and there are so many varies available... I talked with a gal in her 50's just the other day and a couple of my friends are saying there are not even placing a tree up... I can't imagine being without the beautiful Christmas twinkle.. I will always as long as I can place at least a small tree up...
    When crystals are on the windows and fields are filled with snow there is not a more beautiful sight in my eyes than the twinkling of mini white Christmas lights... Sparkling candles, blankets and pillows make it very possible and oh so enjoying ,when the temps are freezing to create the lovely crystals... Nothing better in the world than a cozy decorated home...conversation with family and friends... all enjoying the charms and passions of ones love....
   The above pics are little vignettes that are completed in my home... I will take more pics next week and share with you... As soon as I post I am of to finish laundry  and clean and mop the kitchen... There seems to be little paw prints from the puppy that when outside in the frosty grass this morning and little pieces of mica and glitter from finishing some vignettes this morning... Tonight I plan on turning on all the Christmas lights and make sure I  have sprinklings of lights and glitter everywhere as I enjoy some TV viewing... I was told today at 3:30 the girls and later the guys OHIO STATE basketball season begins and I am sure Tom plans on pulling in from golfing this morning about that time....
     Sending best wishes to all for a lovely weekend...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I couldn't do without Christmas (ornaments) either Marietta! Decorating is such a major fun part of the holiday celebrations and I'm always trying to come up with something new, too. I've got some ideas for our hallway now, but they need to be worked out first ;-) Have a lovely weekend, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Ruth Kelly said...

Those lamp shades are devine!