Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year Musings

As we welcomed another Year we have hopes and desires that we can live our life and watch it blossom as we enjoy the moments.. to assure this we must maintain a good outlook toward life and living it.. What it will require to live the life I love is having trust in beliefs and yet not taking everything too seriously.
     I have found it to be a simple truth, that some poverty and some great imagination causes the best to surface in ones self.. I don't really mind a great deal of tarnish in my life if I can add the sparkle of crystals...
     As I have almost completed the task of once again storing objects of Christmas I have the thoughts of some change while fully knowing it will have to come from creating with objects to be found in my home.. The last few days I have been combining creating several little paper shoes and heart containers to add some Valentines decorating... Today I have shared with you a few of the shoes that I will hang from a small white feather tree I left out for decorating for Valentines... I will also be leaving out another really small tree in my entrance and add a couple paper hearts I will create hopefully later on today... Small changes have been made to my fireplace mantle... as I removed my icicle lights and packages wrapped in the Jeanne d Ark French paper and left the antique candy boxes I love so much... and a string of mini twinkling lights that was a gift from Tom's daughter Trish... and off course a lovely spray of crystals I purchased at 50 percent off at a floral shoppe a couple days ago.. I am a little detail person and add little objects that surround me and help me to relax as I love living with things I love, but I also know this doesn't work for everybody...
     I am not into reproductions as much as I love the older with all it's little imperfections and appreciate the creative adornment of vintage jewelry, especially rhinestones, with the sparkle I mentioned earlier in my post... Decorating is always a work in progress if you have the desire for change, and look forward to the adorning, embellish, and beautifying and you always must know that the very same terms work wonderfully for truly enhancing our everyday living of life...
   I am off to take my little clock faces off the small tree in the entrance and add some Valentines to that vignette until I decorate for spring... A load of laundry again today and a few objects of Christmas yet to be packed as I work at a slow pace, just enjoying the time spent... later this evening will be off to the Tinora guys basketball game... I hope the New Year holds many special moments for us all and as always we have the wisdom to take full advantage of them...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all happy new year to you and your loved ones Marietta, what a fab series of shoes, made with such pretty papers, too, lovely work! Sending blessings your way, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl