Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thoughts Of Spring

Thoughts of spring have entered my thoughts as we await warnings of a large snow storm to enter our area this afternoon and over night into tomorrow... The winds have picked up in the last couple hours....
      I realize I haven't posted for a couple weeks again and have been working on a few projects around the house... As I am posting Tom is in our basement recreation room making ready for new carpeting to be installed in the morning... It will be a welcoming improvement as the carpet he tore out was very old...I also spent a couple days removing all my stash and altered art supplies from this area and have relocated into the back unused guest bedroom... This will be where I will be creating from now on...It is not a studio as I would love to have but a tiny corning of the bedroom ... and I will be happy for the small warm space to spend time in... I have several projects started and I need to take special moments and just enjoy the time creating...
      As soon as I finish this post I must remove the evergreen wreath and antique ice skates from the front door entrance even though we are expecting snow... it needs to go...
     Most of my winter decorations have been placed in storage and I have been pulling out some of my Easter belongings for reuse... I have a few draw backs now with decorating since our little rescue puppy has come to live with us... I find he is a "thief" and often grabs things ... and we are constantly yelling "drop it"... Cannot leave remotes or computer mouse laying around as these are crowned jewels to him and he is ready to heist....
      I have shared a couple pictures of a few Easter objects I will be using... I am working on my dining area table and not quite done with it but have snapped a couple pics so you can get the idea... The large cabbage leaves I had purchased at Chicago Gift Mart several years ago for displays in the gift and floral area of the shoppe... I had purchased several for my own use here and they are fun to work with.. I will place a couple book page shreds under the bunnies on the plate and a couple other embellishments... I have several little sugared mini carrots I haven't found yet to place by the bunnies and on the eater tree that sets on the server... I have to make ready the server to hold different Easter candies.... The little fancy butter dome I found at the Ft. Defiance Antique shop was widowed from it original plate and I purchased it for a couple bucks as I thought it was very pretty and I had a little pressed glass dish I thought would work here....
     The fireplace mantel I removed the Valentines antique boxes and replaced with antique and vintage mirrors... I do have very small mini lights to turn on worked through the greens for evening and special occasions...
     This past couple weeks I believe I spent way too much time in the house... The picture above is just one of the treats I made for us... It is home-made shortbread and it was wonderful... but only one of the treats as I realized I had made a scratch lemon pie... Carmel corn... home-made sugar donuts for breakfast one morning... Home-made large loaf of banana nut bread... and creme puffs... I haven't made anything as far as baked goods the past couple days when I realized Tom and I was the ones consuming all this stuff... yikes...Tonight we are having New York Strip Steaks.. baked potato and a salad and some carrots... Tomorrow I am going to make a kettle of potato soup and I will bake some cookies as we are out.. Imagine that...
     I did have another 3 month check up a week ago in Toledo at the Dana Cancer Center and they said after my examine that all looks normal at this time period... I am always so glad when the 3 month check ups are over but I have many more 3 month check up to look forward to in the future... even though I know I am very blessed it is a but nerving....
     Sending love and best wishes to all my blogger friends and hopefully I can get myself back into a better posting order... I am so looking forward to spring with hopes that I will be able to enjoy the pool and yard time this summer that I felt was really short due to the finding of cancer and not being able to swim for 3 months of the summer... especially when we had just replaced the existing in ground pool with a new one and was looking forward to using it... Tom and many friends and family did enjoy it however.... I see some snowflakes as I peer from the window... think I best put those thoughts of spring on hold for a couple days...
   

3 comments:

Shopgirl said...

Love the pictures, and I think a lot of us are thinking about getting out more. I joined a knitting class so that I would get out with my friends. Now if I really learn to knit???? Hugs, Mary

Sandi said...

Oh Spring where art thou?? lol So ready for it this year. Glad all is well at your house. Pretty decorating Marietta. :)
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

it sounds as if you are keeping busy with your creative side! hope the storm missed you. take care we enjoy hearing from you! sharon