Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Afternoon Musings

With Easter gathering behind us and placed away in our memory pages... we had another dinner and visit with Toms Sisters and Aunt who are ND nuns that came for a visit this past Wednesday... My thoughts this week were hopes  to begin working in outdoor spaces but Mother Nature has other ideas... Today is gloomy and some rains and winds traveling through our area... Tom and I have decided that anything we do to our outdoor spaces are going to be very easy maintenance... He is going to change up my front garden area as you enter in our home and place it all to stone and rocks so I do not have all the weeding to do... This will look fine and match up with the since we have around our home now... My idea now is once placed in outdoor area it needs no care as it is getting harder to keep it up and when it comes to this point it is much better to keep it clean... I have pinned several clever ideas and will try to create some with existing objects or a very budget friendly manner... Tom did hang my wind chimes he purchased for me last year in our back area by the pool and it was a expensive purchase, but well worth it as I myself and all that enjoyed our pool area relaxed to the beautiful tones the chimes rang out... so lovely...
      I must admit I have placed most of my focus on well being and happiness, with the appreciation of a little bit of loveliness... Just a desire to let little pieces of all touch my heart and enjoy...
     I have a love affair with many things... Being a small detail person I may overlook a large object and seek out a very small piece of glam... I seem to be able to spy the smallest piece of loveliness...
    I have been working on my buttons and carding them with description and approximate value on the back of the cards... Also carding many pieces of my  lovely old jewelry as you can see in the pics... The one picture is a trio beautiful rhinestone fur clip and brooch combo, rather unusual... These are getting harder to find and have become somewhat pricey... I know where another one is and I want to try and go and purchase it or get it laid back next week... The other is just a very old brooch... I have the buttons in a very tall and lovely jar and secured them unto a gift paper roll to display.. The other buttons I have done are placed in the curio case as of now... I have a lovely collection of depression clear glass buttons and the old rhinestones of which are my favorites... On the jar I have shown a picture of a lovely old piece of jewelry that has been made to embellish bottles that I purchased on Etsy... Again just a example of all the little pretties that speak to me...
     Hope to see many of your lovely outdoor spaces and to share mine when I am able to get them completed.... I know it will be about the second week in May cause it usually ends up that way about every year and then we open the pool and make ready for use by Memorial Day... Sending blessings and best wishes....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful to see you again Marietta, your button cards look so special, they have that perfect vintage feel to them and no doubt will make such fine adornments in your home, so pretty. Take care, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl