Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October Musings and Sharing

Octobers song is whistling a tune as brisk breezes are flowing through our area today with the air being warmed a bit by bright sunshine.
     Today I thought I would share some of the decorations I have been filling my days creating for this years Christmas decorating..with the Jeanne d Ark paper I purchased a while back. I am scarfing my home for unused objects I may have stashed that will work with my  theme.
     Hand stamped material ribbon has been created from a vintage sheet with pink roses scattered on it .. Plain white tissue paper has been stamped and created into paper roses. Envelopes have been created from the Jeanne d Ark paper and a printed French lady image... pink cut out rose... rhinestone and wrapped with vintage cord... The cones I have pictured are not totally finished as I have more eembellishing to do... I coffee stained some tags this morning to finish the cones... Many boxes of all different sizes have been wrapped as faux presents... some for the tree.. some larger for the fireplace mantle.. some for under the tree and a couple for a place setting on the dining table... all in the Jeanne d Ark paper... I have a couple other ideas not placed in motion as of yet...
     I have also started decorations that are all to be on a very tight shoestring budget for the Moser Christmas gathering of whom Tom and are the hosts this year... Crepe paper poinsettias with pearls centers from a very old vintage pearl necklace have been made... Vintage images have been printed and are awaiting being created into a altered art piece to be attached to greenry and the poinsettias and tea or coffee stained labels... I will share these when I am just somewhat further along with them...
    Creating while you are in recovery is a good thing but trying to create while your are raising a very young and new to the family puppy is a bit stressful...Oh my good gosh he thinks he can help with it all and everything goes in his mouth and is great stuff... He even started eating one of the crepe paper poinsettias when I glanced the other way...
    Sending you best wishes and will share more very soon.. as the pumpkins days are here and soon will lend way to the family gathering of the holiday season....

No comments: