Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bad but Beautiful




I am sharing yet another photo of the last 3 days... The beauty is aluring but the reality somewhat nerving... The trees are under alot of stress and we are not suppose to get out of 18 to 20 degrees with another snow and strong winds in the forcast.... We doing well at this point but know it could get worse... At this point Tom and I do plan on attending the Moser Christmas party tonight that is held at the park pavilion in Archbold cause of the family being a large family of 10 children....I am expecting a very small gathering tonight however..... Right now ... "Bessie"{my trailblazer} feels confident she can flip her switch and go in auto with no problem as long as the other person coming down the road doesn't get out of hand..... Hum... what makes people want to leave the comforts of their homes anyway??????

8 comments:

Maison Douce said...

We are in the same predicament, here!!! But isn't it beautiful? Stay warm!!
Isabel

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta...BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love winter pictures of ice on nature. I know it is not fun to travel in , but it does make for amazing pictures! I think you received more ice than we did because I don't think it is hanging on our trees that way. However, I could not get my back storm door open yesterday so I had to go out another door and shovel the heavy snow and layers of ice away from it before I could open it. Crazy! And it isn't even Christmas yet. I hope this isn't a sign of a longggg winter like this! Blessings and stay safe!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

It really does look pretty though and cold...Brrrrrrrr

From the Attic said...

Oh my goodness, it looks cold at your house. Here in Australia where I live we have been sweltering in up to 36 degree Celsius temperaturures. Perhaps you will have a white Christmas. Keep warm.

Chrissie

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello~I just needed to say that I LOVE your blog! I've been through every post! And, I'm from Ohio too! I'll for sure be a regular visitor!!


~Merry Christmas~

kathy said...

Beautiful pictures -- Be careful !-- frigid temps coming our way tonight - a good time to stay inand get me a snuggly blanket -
Kathy - ga

Antiques and More Blog said...

Wow, it's amazing what Mother Nature is capable of...beautiful pictures! Keep warm!
Lisa

Miss Gracie's House said...

Beautiful photos-you captured it well. Beautiful, inspiring photos and words as usual...Have a very Merry Christmas!
Rene'