Monday, December 1, 2008

Bird's Nest Myth



Another old German myth... being.. if you find a bird's nest in your Christmas Tree, you will have a year of luck and happiness. This was also another item that I had sold many of over the past years of floral industry and crafting. Finding some wonderful small birds and a nest and lovely berries and vines again with a small tag telling of the myth of luck and happiness. If you need a small gift for a friend ... this is ideal ... just make sure you use the finest of berries and soft ribbons and a sweet bird and oh my don't forget the snow and mica and glitter...... ps. The vintage bird post card is sweet also......

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Lovely postcard Marietta! I have always loved birds nests. I am kicking myself because I saw a very old one at an antique store for $1.00 and didn't pick it up. Now the store is closed until March I think. Have a blessed day!