Monday, December 29, 2008

Special Thought



As I await New Years I have hundreds of thoughts running through my mind just like a movie reel... This time of year seems to make my mind wonder what is in store for us .... I want to make myself look forward to the coming year but it is alittle more fearful this year with the aging process... so many friends and family dealing with personal issues... loss of jobs and security.... I feel I have to get myself on a higher level .... I look at all my Christmas decorations that aren't going to store themselves and wonder how I manange to always want to put myself through all the decorating the follow year.... Yikes... I must have the after Christmas blues... Are any of you having the same thoughts ?????
I am going to work on some Valentine images this afternoon through the next couple days.... Will share when I get some things completed.... Hope you all have a great next couple days and I am going to go sit myself in the corner and give myself a attitude adjustment......

4 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

oh yes every up has it's down...it all goes so fast and when it is over you sort of are left with an emptiness,
but soon the new year will begin and everyday life will be marching over us in due course:)

Lola Enchanted said...

**~HaPpY NeW YeAr~**

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
I didn't even want to get out the tree this year since the kids would not be home to see it, but hubby said he wanted me to get it out anyways. So I obliged and thought "I am not going to decorate it", but once we got it up I did get the bug to start decorating it and love the way it turned out this year. My oldest son and his family did end up coming for a few days so I was glad I had put it up. We are celebrating Christmas with our children this coming weekend and I am sure the blues will hit me about next Monday. Have a wonderful and blessed New Year!

Laurie said...

Taking down the decorations always holds a bit of sadness for me. It does go by so fast...
I bet you do lovely decorations for Valentine's Day!