Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pecan Cresents




I thought while my cookies are in the oven baking I would snap a pic of my recipe card and share the recipe with you... My mother always made these in the shape of crescents and I to follow on family tradition do so also. Allot of people call these Mexican Wedding Cookies... and shape them in balls... This recipe has been baked year after year in my family... I served a batch I also made last week to my guests and they were all yummy in their tummies.....
The cookies are baking and will await being rolled softly in powdered sugar so I will post a finished product picture in about a hour.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

2 comments:

kathy said...

OH MY !! i love these --well yours will probably put others to shame . Thanks , all your ideas are lovely - I want to tour your house ,sit at your lovely table and have tea , while looking at the snow outside . Would be so lovely --
Thanks for sharing the recipe -- I also have those same ginger-recipe cards -- I love them and have had a cute cookie cutter idea for a couple of years now - bought some great metal , red cookie cutters from Michaels - well not sure if eventually they will flake - but these are for mostly ornamental use anyway
will post , if I can get around to finally making them - time is running out !! Kathy

Laurie said...

We have been making these for years as well, except we always have called them Tea Cakes. I love all the powdered sugar. These are my daughter's favorite Christmas cookie.