Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Putzing Around Day







Oh... the dusting of pretty white has turned into sog... It has been pouring all day in Defiance... Guess the Northern Michigan state and on west are getting blizzard like snow... Hummmm... It is a good day to putz around.... I added a few decorations with no cost except about a yard and a half of ribbon and a old cameo earring hiding in my stash of old jewelry.... I wrapped some presents with pattern tissue..... A garland made with old aged paper book pages and when pulling out the pattern tissue This old piece of cardboard had aged and some one had beautifully handwritten a crochet pattern on it... I fancied it up with some crinkle and lace ribbon and a old cameo earring.... That was fun and I could afford it..... I love no cost decorating.....

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I have been putzing around since I got home this afternoon.
I love all your decorations, especially the "vintage" banner.
Hope you are having a lovely day despite the rain!

Anonymous said...

Well, we're in the middle of a snowstorm here... but how nice to look at your lovely wrapped gifts. Love how you did them!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I love the banner...Love it!

Myrna said...

OH! Everything is so lovely, so cozy and warm!!

From the Attic said...

How creative. I love your gift wrapping.
Chrissie

Sandi said...

Marietta,
I LOVE how you wrapped your package and your cardboard trimmed up is so gorgeous...love that old script! Is there a secret to making your ribbon look crinkly??
Blessings!
Sandi

Leigh Ann said...

Hi Marietta,
Love your blog, I love vintage stuff and so does my 18 year old daughter, just bought herself a cameo necklace. Just wanted to let you know if you hop on old 424 and follow it east about 20 miles and cross the Maumee river you would be at my house. How fun is that!!!
Christmas Blessings,
Leigh Ann