Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Party Time



Only a small post today as I have a few little odd jobs in the kitchen area to finish for tonight's gathering here... Well guess what little ole fox was up t 5:30 this morning ..wide eyed and bushy tailed... ready to go... well this ole foxes wide eyes and tail is starting to drag... I am going to slice some cheeses and think get alittle lunch... take a bath... and a short nap..... I always have been the lady that when I had a obligation I am first there and last to give in ... but with age my gitty-up...gotty up and went.... That's the down side to retirement age.... but let me tell you there are some good things tooooooo...... I have my counter set up for all the snacks with greens and pink rose antique dishes all with their little notes on the dishes what to serve where when getting food ready to place on plates... I always found that to be so helpful.... You aren't scurrying around looking for the right dish when company is arriving.... Wishing you all a great evening...... Enjoy.....

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Marietta,
I am sure your home looks just lovely and that your guests will have a wonderful time! I know what you mean about your "get up and go that got up and went"...HA! I used to sit with my legs sprawled behind me and if I try that now, I get feet and legs that quickly go to sleep ! Ugh!

Sweet little photo too! Blessings!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Have a great time together and no table top dancing or the like.!lol!
Have fun and eat lots.

Sharon said...

Good wishes to the hostess of a holiday party. I am sure all will go well and every thing will look festive. Have a good weekend and enjoy the winter wonderland that is coming our way.

Laurie said...

I am sure you will have a lovely party! Your house is so beautiful with all your Christmas pretties ~
Have a wonderful time!