Monday, August 31, 2009

Reading




I have been spending many of my early and later evening hours in the peaceful surroundings of reading... Enjoying to the fullest several book by Nicholas Sparks... who has become my favorite author. I just finished "The Lucky One" having read "Dear John" and now half way throught "The Choice". I recently found several of his books on ebay... 7 infact, in a book lot, for just a few dollars, and they arrived today... Gee, I'm set for a week... Was so very pleased and thinking the way I have been reading I am going to need about 50 to get me through the cold and snowy days of winter... Hopefully the TV programs will be ones I haven't viewed before... so I can mix things up a bit.... I like sharing books especially paper backs with others whom enjoy reading... Always nice to recieve a couple in return... I had a friend who said she likes Catherine Coulter so I purchased a couple of hers at the thrift store the other day... I don't think I was prepared for such explicit writings... Whooooo.... My mother would have had it banned from our home.... I kinda felt like she was looking over my shoulder{ in angel form} while I continued to read it..... I did enjoy reading it however once I had my mind set this was most different from what I am use to setting my eyes on...
In a story... At night when the sunshine goes away... and it's too dark to work or enjoy the outside... I come indoors and look for a comfy , peaceful place... and enjoy the words that tranport me to a different place... They may lead me to other lands and areas, bring me to by gone days or bring me to tomorrows ways... good beginnings, good or sad endings... can all take place by opening the pages and loosing your thoughts... Althought this book is words printed on paper pages,it can become a very special friend...

Take time and enjoy a book today.....

No comments: