Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thinking About Christmas Decorating.....

As the feasts and festivities are fast approaching I never forget to want to add the romance.... Soft lighting and candelabras and mirrors causing the reflections trying to fool mother nature as she shortens our days of natural light. All thoughts seem to have the desire to make things special... and make tribute to the fruits of the harvest in full swing in our area here in Ohio. As many of you know filling my home with vintage items, adorned with small sweet details, making the space a lovely heart of the home. My love for beaded sconces and mirrors can be found everywhere. Seems as thought the collections range from eclectic to elegant. A few dazzling perfume bottles can be found tucked in amongst other objects to add to the beauty and romance. These pieces will remain through the holiday season with tucks of Christmas entwined, always surrounding myself with things I love.... I do like the evidence of the objects I love to be visual... with sweet embellishments displays with remnants of the past.... It always works with the elements already there and just add enough to compliment .... The past couple weeks I have been looking on ebay to see what sparkle putz houses have been selling for have and have decided to just use what I have.... I found a couple Cody Foster pink houses to die for and they were going for 90.00.... They were ever so sweet but I will have to pass on them.... I have some lovely little houses and I will be very content just to surround myself in them..... I am getting anxious to see them peeping out of there storage boxes... I do start my decorating the last week of Oct. and that is very close.... As I post this the sun is just now trying to come up but the weather is suppose to change again later today and the rest of the weekend..... All the more reason to think about the romance of the season twinkling lights and lovely objects.......

6 comments:

kathy said...

Marietta , can't wait to see your decorations agai n this year -- They were such a delight and I had to vist often to get my fill of their loveliness and your new creations . Kathy - ga

Laurie said...

I love coming to visit your blog. Such beautiful posts. Yes I have been dreaming of a sweet pink Christmas. I remember I first came across your blog around the holidays last year. Every photo was lovelier than the last. You have a true talent for decorating using all your treasures.
Have a wonderful evening.

Sandi said...

Oh how fun Marietta. I love those houses and have several of the old white ones.

I am furiously trying to get things around for my booth that I will be setting up soon and I am running around like a crazy woman! Maybe when that is all set up I can think about more Christmas.
Blessings~

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I come by all the time I enjoy reading your posts .. just thought I should tell you that instead of just peeking in today.
Diane

Miss Gracie's House said...

Can it be that time already?! I am anticipating the weather change that force me to be inside my own 4 walls and to turn my attention to the holidays...thanks for the heads-up on that link yesterday...I don't know what happened.
Rene'

AuroraSuzette said...

Looks like I have something special to look forward to pretty soon with your decorating! What a lovely post. Sure did put me in a Christmas mood.