Thursday, October 8, 2009

Touches





























Yesterday {Thursday} I traveled to Ottawa-Glandorf, Ohio to a little shoppe called TOUCHES.... A couple friends wanted me to go with them to a demo on ideas with floral and a small luncheon.... This is a small gift shoppe and they also serve soup, sandwiches, desserts and teas ect.... I enjoyed myself, but can't say I learned anything about design in floral... It is harder for me to go to a show like that when I have been to many, many, shows and gift marts that have the best of the best designers with everything over the top..... If you have never had the excitement of attending anything like that it is rather hard to explain.... Some designers are just really, really good, and their imagination just explodes.... Course when you get to design for these big companies you have storerooms and showrooms to select your products from and money is no object, so placed in that setting many of us can be quite marvelous..... Going to quaint small little places is always more relaxing than taking on hugh areas to cover so all in all today was a very relaxing day.... I did purchase a lovely item that I will share with you possibly in my next post.....
I have a hugh weekend coming up starting today with my 2 days event of our 50th class reunion so I could be MIA for a couple days.... The voices will be jubilant as we start to see friends we may have not seen for 50 years... I am very excited to renew those old friendships and thankful we will be sporting name tags.... To be continued....
ps... I forgot to tell you that I showed a close up pic of a cute brick wall treatment they had in the new dining room.... in a couple smaller areas....







2 comments:

SharDon Exclusives said...

Marietta, Thank you for your sweet comments on my journal. I covered a wallpaper book and made it 7 1/2" by 10" so it fit perfectly inside a mans shoe box from Walmart. You will enjoy this book alot! I just got lost in the making of it and had such a wonderful time. I am soooo glad you signed up as I know you will enjoy it too. Heathers work is always devine.
I loved that little shops interior. It shows alot of love was put into the designing of it so the food must have been good too.
Have a great time on your book and let me see what you do. I am now in the process of making one for Christmas....
Blessings to you
Sharon

Karen said...

Marietta!
I received the BEAUTIFUL Victorian Women Ornaments! And they are so pretty! Thank you so much. I have a Victorian Tree I put up on a little Juliet balcony we have at the top of our stairs, and they will look PERFECT on it this Christmas!! I will send pictures when it gets up!
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!
Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds