Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Fall Harvest

Another fall morning on the horizon here in the heart of country.. Trucks and tractors on the move this A.M. as they haul their harvest to the elevators for storage, and to reap rewards... This time of the year is the best the countryside has to offer..
We are awaiting the arrival of a repair man to offer his services to repair our gas fireplace.. It doesn't seem to be going on and off correctly...
The harvest for different products is starting to blossom. My favorite being the love of apples.. The fruit of this product makes for delicious dishes. The night before I made a wonderful casserole dish of baked apples just oozing with the richness of brown sugar.. cinnamon { lots}.. butter... and red hots candy melting through the baking process..finished off with melted marshmallows.. The harvest offers the gift of good taste for all to enjoy... You certainly do not have to have a country kitchen to enjoy this lovely treat... May I suggest you give the Honey Crisp Apples a try if you haven't already... Just yummy to wash and peel.. Fall without apples just wouldn't be fall.
I am still exerting my mind for inspiration to try to give re-purpose to my existing objects... Hopefully will have some ideas to share soon..
Update.. the repairman has left the premises and the fireplace is working wonderfully and propane tank is full to the brim and all ready to enjoy on chilly mornings.. felling the warmth and gazing into the flames... Life is good.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can almost smell and taste the sweetness of your casserole dish Marietta! Sounds wonderful! We're also lucky to have apple trees in our garden so I have already been baking a couple of apple pies. I always put in some amaretto liquor to soak the apples/raisins and almonds. Gives them a lovely flavour! Have a great evening, take care, ~Ira

Stella said...

I have been busy making apple pies and apple sauce this week. Your casserole sound delicious. We make an annual trip to pick apples with our grandchildren and I seem to end up with all the bounty. Glad you gas is on go so you will be nice and cozy. Stella

Anonymous said...

Love apples..... Honey Crisp is the best eating apples!!
Love,
Marilyn

farmhouse wares said...

Yes, life is good with fresh apples and a warm fireplace. Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I love apples. I have lots of sweet memories of apple picking when I was a child. We would also get homemade apple cider and pick out our pumpkin as well.
Down south it hardly feels like Autumn. Although I can still buy those apples! I will have to be on the lookout for Honey Crisp ~ I don't think I've heard of these before.
Glad to hear your gas fireplace is working again. Enjoy your yummy baked apples!
Hugs))

Unknown said...

YUM YUM! I just read your post and now I want to go make something with apples.....Thanks!
Laraine