Monday, September 13, 2010

Working On Very Budget Friendly Projects...





























Good morning... The sun is shining on this lovely fall morning... A bit of chill in the air .... The soy bean field that was still green at the beginning of last week has now turned a mustard yellow and soon the leaves will be dropping to the ground to reveal this years harvest... My thoughts have shifted toward my inside of my home as the season takes on a different look... This morning I have a project started.... I have shared with you the hanging of a feed sack { gifted.. and great on a budget} over the plastic part of the blinds that cover the patio door off the dining area in the evening... I just simply used a stapler like I would do decorating a shoppe and will cover the mechanics with sparse woody vine...I will complete this after taking this break for posting...
I also wanted to share with you this sweet vintage egg basket of heavy chicken wire... I stopped at the Red Barn to pick up a couple checks of a few items I made and placed to sell there.... I thought it would be cute with a small putz village for Christmas placed under it and used as a cloche instead of a egg basket... For this pic I simply set it over a stemmed cake plate with vintage goodies, so you could get the idea....
Also yesterday I completed a project I have wanted to do for awhile... Although I really need to slow down and count better as I could use a couple more little handles for hanging... I had shared this idea much earlier in a post of a extra accent for hanging my vintage and antique purses... Since I decorate to please myself... almost everything I do ends up with a touch of lady- like... tucked in or around it... Maybe as small as a vintage brooch but is usually there to be viewed.. The little handles I chose we very budget friendly and the type that the screw head shows so you can secure very simple in the wall... The post I did I believe had a different type of mount and was very expensive... I found a beautiful one for 9.00 ea. but unwilling to pay this amount of money into each handle I was content with the 1.49 ones... They add a touch of class and a new little object to look at....
Well with that being said I am off to complete this project... Have a wonderful day all. Ps. this afternoon we are off to Indiana to watch Tom's grandson play in a football game... It looks to be a lovely football evening....








5 comments:

Patti's Artful Design said...

Love your feed sack valance! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
First I wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear of the loss of another friend. I know this must be a very rough time for you.

I love the little vintage purses. I have a total of three, and one was my Mom's. I have mine hanging on a hall tree.
I love the way you decorate, and use all your vintage~y things!
Hugs))

Unknown said...

Your purses are more than beautiful Marietta, I've always loved the beaded ones! It's good to try and focus on decorating etc., otherwise you might get caught up in too many thoughts... Take care, Ira

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I love what you've done Marietta! It looks fabulous!! My sister had a vintage handbag collection and it reminds me of her. And that wedding photo is displayed too perfect... what a great idea. You are so creative girl!!

Big hugs, Sherry

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

R4eally enjoyed your wall of old purses!