Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Motivation

Glimmer and shimmer tucked in snowy and caramel hues are among my favorite motivation serene inspirations to view. Holiday objects are very lovely when married with everyday vintage such as buttons, pitchers, glass and unusual time worn pieces... Snowy and caramel color hues with the glimmer and shimmer and don't forget those French words that seem so very popular right now for added charm...
We traveled the past couple days viewing many lovely scenes and properties among the way. But then you also travel past homes that show no pride or prosperity. Homes not as majestic as other but show a great sense of care and love and beckon you welcome... Many sadden me as I travel by and wonder of the difficulties they may be experiencing but appear life hasn't offered enough to even clean up after themselves... I have to admit I do shake my head and wonder how or why you would want to live in those conditions... We viewed many lovely home sites that were dazzling the scenery however... The lack of motivation can bring one's self down.. This is the main thoughts I think of often.. You need not have riches... with the desire you can wallpaper with use newspaper and still have a clean home... and make it desirable. We need to celebrate everyday life.. All my readers know by now I live not in great riches but the wealth I wrap myself in is nostalgia and warmth and try to inspire from my own little nest.. A lovely walk in outdoor space or just be able to peer from windows to a lovely outdoor space is enjoyable for me... Why would you not want this space that surrounds you to be clean and welcoming? We saw hints of beauty in autumns face as we traveled. The beauty and serenity of this time of the year inspires relaxation and time spent with family and friends. Now is the time to get out those pumpkins and nestle them among falling leaves and bittersweet. Then follows the time I love the best for decorating and sharing... the snowy and caramel hues of glimmer and shimmer, as we make our homes a retreat for ones self and others a welcoming place....
Wishing you a pleasant day as I am off to do some chores.... " You play.. You pay" as my mama use to say to me... Hum, I am not sure house work is what she had in mind as she told me that but it seems to fit anyway....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
My Dad grew up during the Depression and although they were poor their home was always neat and clean. He said being poor was no excuse for not keeping things tidy. I have seen those homes that you speak of on our travels and it does sadden me too...
We have had a bit of cooler weather, but I don't think summer is quite over! Hope you get your chores done soon so that you can play!!
Hugs))

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Beautiful pic and insightful thoughts.. I totally agree. :}

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
I am so tired today. Spent a lot of the day outside in flower beds. I whacked off my hosta and did some weeding. I have never done that to my hosta before , but they were looking rather ragged.
Glad you had time to get away and take in some of the lovely fall weather.
Have a lovely evening~