Saturday, September 11, 2010

Morning Ramblings

Good morning.. The skies are dark and the sun was shinning a few minutes ago but has ran away and hidden... as I sit with my coffee in hand... After a couple emotions days and thoughts of what fate has to hold in the coming days, months and years my thoughts need to get back to a simpler life... Tom is back on track as he was off to the golf course before I ever crawled out of bed and stumbled to the coffee pot... He has two days of city tournaments he is playing in... Then Monday morning he has plans with other buddies for early morning golf at Wauseon.... For myself, I move slower... but need to give myself a fresh start... I feel I need to give objects I have a shove to different areas in my home... for the looks that I love... I have been considering stripping existing wallpaper from dining-kitchen and bath areas of our home.. In my eyes it is way past time for doing this but in Tom's eyes he isn't seeing it that way... I may have to bring this up a few more hundred times.... I do have a desire to tuck in just a bit more of the Jeanne d Ark style if possible... Take away the frill....Just a few changes always makes me feel " a ray of sunshine through the clouds after a rain".. I will most likely just ending up moving objects and furniture around, maybe re-purpose, and that would be the best move due to being budget friendly... I guess the main thought, is to change eye candy and maintain who we are... Farmers live a very simple life style.. We love to always have our homes open to friends or family and a welcoming place to gather. I just desire a down to earth style with some weathered objects. The neighboring farmers are on the move this morning with their giant iron horses as the harvest season seems a but different this year... Beans and corn are coming off in some of the early fields and many fields of late planting are not near ready... I do love harvest time... Last night I was talking to a friend and his wife at golf scrambles... he is in home construction.. his grandfather, father and now his generation all in family business and well known in our area... In fact he his family was the contractor my X and I had to build our home and the family built this home we live in... He off course told me wallpaper was out { of which I already knew} and bold colors were in... Well bold colors aren't going to happen in this home... Just give me more of a old world feel with soft hues for my calming taste... I read that countries such as Austria that farm houses are colorful.. Painted furniture was more expensive than plain pieces and was symbol that the family was thriving... Okay that is nice... but I'm still not having bold colors... I do my decorating to make me happy and content with salvaged objects soaked in charm... A modest little sweet retreat to live in on a daily basis... I have that now... I just need to rearrange so I can flirt with my new surroundings.... I bid you farewell for today as I am off to hunt for my stored bittersweet for decorating in a vignette.. Blessings to all....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Marietta.....
Our day today is beautiful... a nice 70 degrees & sunny. Tomorrow we will get the chilly, rainy & gloomy weather you are getting today. But that is o.k.
I too am getting ready to repaint our livingroom & office & bathroom as when our furnace finally puffed it's last it spewed a lot of soot up the ducts. What a mess..... now I will repaint. Not sure what color yet.......
Have a lovely day......
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Hi Marietta,
oh, we had such lovely weather today, one of those nice late summer days. Just had a little accident though, while eating a chip of my front tooth came off, oh well, I have to go the dentist in a few days anyway, perhaps this is my preparation for Halloween :-) It's funny, I love bold colours in clothing for example, but not in furniture/houses etc. I also prefer the softer hues, so much more relaxing to look at. Have a great weekend, take care, Ira

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Marietta Sweetie...
What a beautiful share today. I am so sorry that it is cold and rainy, you could send some out here to the desert, as we would so love it believe me. I am SO tired of the heat this summer. Ready for Fall. Have you seen it yet?

Take it easy with you paint choices, and it does not matter what is in, as they say. Whatever we like that makes us happy, that is what we should paint our homes. I love the idea of your softness. Go with your heart sweetie. I can't wait to see you choice and paint when it is done.

Many hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
I am finding out the older I get the more things stay the same in this old house. I used to redecorate a lot when I was younger, but now the thought of redoing walls etc. just make me cringe. lol. I have some wallpaper in the living room and dining room and it will stay there for a good long time because I don't have the gumption to change it. I still like it so it is fine. It isn't anything bold and I agree with you. This house won't be seeing any bold colors anytime soon! ha.
Chilly, rainy, lazy day here today, but enjoyed it for the most part.
Blessings~

butterfly said...

Yesterday my daughter Miranda, showed me your blog and I was verry surprised. I watched all pages from the beginning and saved some old pictues. Thank you for sharing. greetings from Holland,Rotterdam, Marja

kathy said...

Glad you are doing well -- love all your pretties -- SO behind -- as always -- but loving the reason --
Blessings - KAthy -ga ♥