Friday, September 17, 2010

Passion With Aged Book Pages






















My passion for aged book pages and ways to use them for decorating has increased since I love the color and texture and can pick up a old book for 1.00 or many times under that cost... Pages and old book covers make lovely re-purposed objects for your home and for use in altered art...

Today I thought I would share some found projects.... The first pic is a tree branch that has had leaves of aged book pages cut and secured. The addition of white twinkling Christmas lights would be lovely.... for fall and Christmas decorating...The second pic is folded book pages for ornament and folder.....The third a great idea making a frame from old book... careful with the knife for cutting..... the fourth is a pic I found of a store window in Berkeley Anthropologie... I found this to be intriguing... The last consisting of a couple pics of book page wreaths... I am viewing of late many different takes on book page wreaths... It let the inspiration begin to make it your own....

Making you home with your own stamp on it can be a rewarding time as you can achieve this with pennies....

Ideas were found at Apartment Therapy and The Red Chair.....

Hope your day will be one to place in the memory book... I am off to skirt a small shelf that hangs in my living room with a feed sack.... Will share on a later post... Blessings.....





3 comments:

Unknown said...

The altered aged book pages are wonderful. I'll bet the wreath would not be to hard to make. I love your blog, however I jump when I hear the tweeting birds. They thru me for a loop when I first heard them. I thought my big crossed eyed cat kelly had brought another live uningered squirrl in the house. Every day is a new adventure.
Laraine

Anonymous said...

Wow truly amazing ideas to use old books for. You could even soak them in a cinnamon mixture for a beautiful aroma. I never thought to use a book this way but its fabulous.

I'm having a GIVEAWAY if you would like to stop by and enter!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pics with us Marietta! I made a few "book decorations" years and years ago, I suddenly feel like doing that again :-) I don't know about you but I cannot walk past a bookstore without having a quick look inside, just to pick up a few books, to try and feel what they may hide inside, hoping that they are ready to share their secrets with me. I really couldn't do without books, I now have 3 different new books ready and waiting for me to read them, but I still have to decide which one. Have a great weekend, ~Ira