Sunday, September 26, 2010

The High Steppin' Clydesdales







Saturday early afternoon to my delight I was able to enjoy the viewing of the harnessing and strutting of the high steppin' of the Budweiser Clydesdale's... They were presented in our town of Defiance, Ohio in celebration with the annual Budweiser-Busch Rib Fest held here... The group of Clydesdale's horses are used for promotions and commercials... There are 6 teams or hitches of horses, that travel around the U.S. and one that remains at their official home at the headquarters of Anheuser-Busch brewery complex in St. Louis, Missouri, where they are housed in a historic brick and stained glass stable built in 1885. Oh I so love the television commercials.. I still think my favorite is "Hank the Clydesdale" the Rocky one... although the one shown as a tribute to 9-11 is heart touching... A full grown Clydesdale should stand 18 hands or about 6 foot at the shoulder and weigh 2000 to 2300 pounds... The ideal horse is bay in color , a white blaze face and black mane and tail... Most important is the Clydesdale have white feathering on all four legs and feet. What a treat to view these magnificent animals...



4 comments:

Carol said...

I have always loved these beautiful animals. They used to house a team in Galveston but do not any longer. By the way the bird chirping on your blog is so realistic that my dog jumps up each time and comes around behind me to see if I am holding a bird! Just one of the many things I enjoy about your blog!

Vintage Sandy said...

They are such beautiful and majestic animals I've seen them once would love to see them again..my BFF is from around Definance actually "Ney" and she was just here visiting!

Stella said...

Such breath taking animals. I have always enjoyed their Christmas commercials.

butterfly said...

Beautiful horses! Thanks for your nice visit on my blog. I also can;tunderstand al your languague, but like the pictures. greetings from Rotterdam, Marja