Thursday, September 23, 2010

Musings

BHG......

Good morning... taking a short break from household chores to spend some time with you... I want to get through with sweeping, dusting, and mopping before noon... As we are suppose to have record hot temps this afternoon here in my area of Ohio. Sounds of heavy iron horses and noises of bouncing wagons as they make their ways to fields for harvest and to elevators for selling can be heard through open windows this morning... Even though the 90's are expected today you can sense the summer season has come to a close as we celebrate this autumn day... I know in many resort states you don't agree with my thinking but I personally love the 4 seasons... I even love the snowfall...thinking it is the most beautiful scene a eye can behold... All the beauty we pay for of images on our Hallmark Cards can be enjoyed right in my own very back yard with the views for miles... I think the approaching times can be wonderful as special thoughts of giving... Not the stressed out, bigger than the next gift... the giving of one's self... We do need to teach our children and our grandchildren the wisdom we have acquired from many years that money is not the beauty... but giving is... Making the main gift of standing in front of a beautiful tree... hand in hand with loved one's the true gift... Forgetting the sore feet and empty wallet... As the leaves fall make a stand and promise to enjoy these days and look forward to coming days and months as they were really meant to be... not what they have become... Learn and train yourself and others to stick to the basics as those alone are quite lovely.. As I write I am most sure you are thinking you do not want to think of the approaching days yet but I can assure you if you do you will find times to be less stressful and more enjoyable as you allow yourself more time... True spirit and total enchantment and true peace of the heart and mind make everyday special.. Ideas for home-made holidays will be shared on many blogs and I will be looking forwards very much to this... Sweet tokens of affection from one's kitchen, always to be enjoyed in the fall into the holidays by all. These all leaving behind special memories for all... Enjoy the fall offering today will bring....

5 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love the change of seasons too. There is nothing like seeing a newly fallen snowfall or walking through a pile of crispy colorful leaves. Of course, I do not like a long drawn out winter either. Today with highs expected to reach 92, it sure doesn't seem very "Fall like" does it? Have a great day!~Patti

Anonymous said...

Dear Marietta,
I grew up with four seasons and even though I am not partial to winter I miss it. Down here it is hot through October and we have been known to run our air conditioner on Thanksgiving.
I do love being near the beach, so I guess I had to give up one thing to have another!
I am doing a bit of fall baking today, burning some lovely candles and later enjoy the autumn sunset.

Hope your day is a lovely one ~

Sandi said...

I love the four seasons too Marietta, but I do remember being so tired of winter last year and then Spring FINALLY arrived. LOL
I was very surprised on my way up to my booth today that the weather man on the radio said high of 93 degrees today...WHAT??? Was not prepared for that. LOL
Hugs~

The Tin Rabbit said...

Hi Marietta! Love your post..unforunately, we don't usually have the 4 seasons here in Texas...it's more like HOT,REALLY HOT,slighty hot,kinda cool/cold! I finally found the magazine! Love it and will definitely be wanting more! Have a great weekend! xo, Ann

The Tin Rabbit said...

Hi Marietta! I wish we had the 4 seasons...ours is HOT,REALLY HOT,Warm and kinda cool or cold! I finally found me a magazine! I will be wanting more of those! Have a wonderful weekend~ xo, Ann