Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sorting and Searching





Greenhouse inspiration from Country Living and sweet tree inspiration from 2008 BHG....
Have been spending some limited time searching for inspiration for faded but very desirable treasures that I love from the past... I will be spending most of my time available this week sorting through stored and Christmas items I am ready and willing to part with since my decision last year to down-size my decorting to about half of what I was doing...
As many of my readers and friends all know my goals is almost always to embrace the romantic side of vintage. Always a desire to achieve this special feel on a limited budget for spending... Using things I already may have is always a great solution by tucking other eye candy in to change the look.. Made by creative hands most always creates a timeless appeal.. Silvery, glittery, with strings of twinkling lights always works for me. Although large offerings of decorations are available now a days, I always melt when I come across a lovely old glass ball...for tucking in lovely jars or sitting about... I personally love pink or silver.... Thrift shoppe finds makes the vintage yuletide look perfecton to me... making it sweet and simple... I am still on the look for the crystal chandeliar... { don't you just love the one in the pic... but this is way to large for my needs but does make me drool..... } The chandeliar make have to wait just a bit... Tom and I went to town this week and purchased a new romote and control switch for our gass fireplace... That little bitty piece of equipment wa 105.00 and I have just worked so hard over the past 30 years my sweeper has decided it doesn't want to do the job very well anymore so we purchased a new Bissel sweeper.... I know this was a purchase special for me cause it doesn't fit his hands like his golf clubs do.... I do believe I won't be asking for anything for a bit.... but once again I just need to remember where it is that true happiness lies... Just have a goal to maintain what we have and be happy.. Time does have a way of making things wear out and creating need for new... There are some objects that do seem to have eterenal life however and these I love to surround myself with for strength and endurance.... and the look of timeless...
Don't you just love the little tree I shared with you today? I may just have to create one that is similar for this year as I do have several little bottle brush trees.... HUM.... It would be sweet in one of my glass cloches.... I love the exquisite but faded appeal with the touch of glam... It takes a special talent to achieve this feel and I find so many of my favorite blogs are so able to do this and I love drawing the inspiration from this... A touch of glam but embracing imperfections.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful greenhouse!
I rescued our old chandelier from our old house and now it hangs on our front porch. We do have a small one hanging in the Rose Room ~ I think if I could I would hang one in every room! I just love the sparkle and glow they give off ~
One of these days I am going to get some small bottle brush trees ~ they have gotten expensive now. I also love the feather trees.
I look forward to seeing how you decorate for Christmas this year!
Have a wonderful day ~

Unknown said...

Wow, such lovely pictures of a greenhouse, very romantic! Thanks for the inspiration and have a great day, ~Ira

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I do think we have very similiar tastes when it comes to decorating and now that we are at the time of our lives when we will be retiring in just amatter of a few years it is important to live within our means for the future. Thankfully, we are both frugal and enjoy the simple sweetness of something that has been well loved before us. I do love that little tree....so tiny and pretty! Thanks for stopping by and visiting for a little bit!~Hugs, Patti

Rose Garden Romantic said...

That chandelier is fabulous! I would love to have a chandelier someday- or two or three even. If I could I'd have one in every room! The sparkly tree is just gorgeous! It would be so fun to make. Thanks for sharing these inspiring photos!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous from top to bottom. I love chandeliers and the older the better! Hugs. Tammy

Sandi said...

Hi Marietta,
Love the pix and I would love a chandy some day too. I can wait though. Something will come along at just the right time...I hope! lol

Wait until you see the trees that I got today at the college rummage sale for 50 cents and $1.00. I hit the mother load of vintage style Christmas items. Fun day!
Hugs~

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Good Morning Marietta!

I got rid of at least half of my Christmas decor before going condo. I kept all my most favorite things and I know it will be so fun using those things soon. I feel unburdened now that I've downsized... it's not a bad thing.
I'll be thinking about you as you sort!!

Hugs, Sherry