Friday, September 24, 2010

What's A Gal To Do?







Since Tom has declared "Everyday is a Holiday" for the last several months of summer I feel somewhat of a need to have a few myself....
What can a gal do who spends almost all her time at home on a daily basis to make herself feel special and have a little holiday of her own? I am aware I cannot just run and shop everyday as I would cause myself much more stress... After spending the day cleaning... cooking... laundry... and making someone else's day special I believe we deserve some pleasure too... My favorite spot seems to always be the bath area.... I find it lavish soaking in a wonderful tub filled with sweet essential oils... and then slipping out after arriving at prune stage to maybe enjoy a warm mulled cider or hot chocolate... beverages that says it's the autumn season... We must learn to accept sweet tokens for the body and soul.. Bath and Bed products all have a lovely way of rejuvenation to your body and spirit... You certainly have my encouragement and wishes to treat yourself if only for treasured moments to the luxuries of life... If you don't go out much like myself this helps you find yourself within.....

Pictures were found on Country Living Site....

6 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Marietta Sweetie...
What a beautiful share this morning. I love the baths you shared. Give me a good old claw footed tub and I would just move in. Soaking leisurely how fun would that be?

Now I don't know about the cider or hot chocolate, we are still having triple digit days here in Phoenix, and I am still drinking my ice tea with lots of ice. No Fall here yet.

Hope you have a beautiful day sweetie. Have some cider of hot chocolate for me, and in the meantime I will dream about cooler days maybe to come here in the valley.

Many hugs sweet friend and so much love, Sherry

Sandi said...

Wow what amazing bathrooms! I love the last two photos the best , but they are all stunning. Enjoy your day Marietta!

Jacque said...

Too Beautiful to your Blog!

Kiss

Jacque

Anonymous said...

I love these bathrooms ~ what luxury! We have an old clawfoot tub (1920's) we got off of ebay.
As much as I love soaking in a hot bath, I don't use it as much as I should. OOOh, maybe tonight followed by some hot chocolate!
Hope your day is lovely!

sandy said...

Makes you want to just slide into that tub and relax!

The Creative Bohemian said...

I am a firm believer in treating yourself every once in a while. For me it would be a quiet spot and a really wonderful novel to read without interruptions.

Smiles,
Diane