Monday, September 20, 2010

Holiday Inspiration


Holiday inspiration needed... pics from previous Romantic Homes...
Monday morning... time to organize and move back to the every day life after a busy weekend... It's back to my corner of the world...
As my thoughts happen... I have been giving some to the season of beauty that soon will be upon us...
As the season changes it seems we want to want more comforts of home... We gather around the table and think of changing our homes to their holiday finest... Ideas for perfect settings are desired.. Mix and match becomes a must when you love antique and vintage as I do. I seem to be a incurable romantic. I do love girly things in my home but it is very strange as I do not dress girly.. It's strictly bluejeans for me... Right now I am on the search for a smaller crystal chandelier... can be of vintage or new... for my dining area... Perfection is not what I desire... rather a feeling.. not a look that is in or out... just the romantic feel of comfort and warmth... to share with others..
As I look forward to the season to shine I also look forward to sharing inspiration with all of you.. It is exciting as we make ready in our hearts and homes to be magically transformed... I know I will be using silvers... pinks and aged book pages for much of my decorating... I so love romantic vignettes that shimmer... Last year I did not include my Christmas village in my decorating... This year I plan on including it and gearing myself to the task of putting it up as a special granddaughter will be coming to view it... Tom's two grandson's missed it last year so the tradition will return.. along with a aching back...after all it is a tree-mendious tradition... As I ponder thoughts for today I will keep in mind the love of the coming season with family and friends... after all it is a large part of what makes the season so special... Time to sift through the magazines of the past I have saved and visit sites for just the right inspiration .. Enjoy your day... I am off to do Monday chores that were passed by over the weekend....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing this issue. How lovely. We bought a white tree two years ago after Christmas ~ very cheap. I have been thinking of going back to a green tree this year, but after seeing these photos I don't know! I love dreaming about Christmas and thinking about all those special touches I want to add ~
I have lots of those Monday chores as well ~
Hugs))

Anonymous said...

The picture is so lovely!! I love the tree....Kathy

Barbara Jean said...

thought provoking post sweetie.

hugs and blessings

barbara jean

PS beautiful pics!!

Lisa's Creative Home said...

I don't think I have that issue but the pics have been so inspiring. Reminds me that Christmas will be here sooner thn we think!

Bali villas said...

how did you make this kind of pictures? is it using photoshop?

Katie said...

Oooh! I hope, really hope you will be inspired to take pictures of your Christmas village when it's all put up, and share them with us on your blog. Pictures of your home bring you all the more to life for us, your devoted followers.....

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I love the village on the mantle! I have my mom's old cardboard village from the 50's that always sat in white fluff & sparkly mica flakes under the tree (live & full of wonderful pine aromas). You're giving me inspiration for the coming holidays Marietta... thank you!

Hugs, sherry

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Such pretty holiday photos...it does kind of get you in the mood, doesn' it? ~Hugs, Patti