Friday, September 3, 2010

A Chill

"The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into it's winter wools" Henry Beston...

As I am just rising and sipping my morning coffee the temps have dropped to a chill and the skies are grey with puddles standing for splashing.. and sprinkles can be seen dancing on the pool making bubbles... this is the start of our weekend cool down .. Just in time for our Labor Day holiday.. For many it will mean fare-well to lake cottages and camping sites... The only changes that will take place here at my country home will be we will be closing the pool in another week. This weekend will make it pretty undesirable as the last couple times in my eyes became the size of dessert plates when your body made contact with the water..
My mind begins to think of the inside of the home more as thoughts for outdoor activities lessen.. There will still be some golf games , leave raking, and pruning of foliage's to take place but mostly now I will start to wonder toward the thoughts of the holidays... It becomes more desirable times to search out smaller affordable treasures to place in vignettes in my home... I still have not had my garage sale planned due to the extreme heat of our summer... I must force myself to complete this... Like pronto....
I especially love the holidays, oh yes, Christmas... Tom and I are not all all big on gift giving but just the desire to share of ones self and lovely foods for nourishment... I still love the allure of tiny white shimmering Christmas lights and the fussing of decorating... I believe the designer in me is still somewhat alive after all these years of doing this... Last year I cut my decorating in half and I loved it... I plan on the same this year. Using the best of the best and I usually seek out a couple new objects to create... This is where I find my bliss..
Tom has just finalized plans for us to be making a trip by car to Myrtle Beach come mid October.. Could it be for golf? At this time 2 other couples will be staying at the same resort for the sharing of time... We have Ocean Front accommodations and both laptops will be accompanying us so plans for sharing moments with you as they happens.... It is desired to be a lovely trip with many moments of just relaxation to be included... No plans for a busy schedule ...the trip should be sweet autumn splendor as we travel through the mountains to arrive to our destination... Walking the beach and hunting the sands for ocean treasures will make for peaceful moments before returning home to the country where the crunching of drifts of fallen leaves will be taking place... The sprinkling from the skies this morning has left glistening little beads of drops on my outdoor foliage's as they gather in the moisture and add to the dryness of the soil...
As the seasons change so does my senses of romance and coziness to accompany my winter months spent indoors.. My desires as of late has become to add touches of French to my existing objects , Victorian and Vintage... Not a large abundance of French available here in the states and most times are way beyond my shoestring budget... so many times creating will be given a try.. Many times just a piece of altered art added to composed vignettes will help with what is desired...
With the upcoming days heading into our main holidays, I so look forward to my time in blog land.. The sharing of talent and inspiration by others with wonderful finds and re- purposing are looked forward by me everyday. The sharing of lovely dishes and recipes makes everything just seem Carmel coated...I know not all of you are going to be feeling the crisp breezes and cooling temperatures.. but for myself I am off to sip my final cup of coffee and complete daily chores... This evening will be spend on the golf course playing mixed couples scrambles but a part of me also wants to attend the Tinora football game in another town.. Last night we watched the first OHIO STATE football game on TV...AHHH success....
Hoping you all have plans to work on something you love doing or going somewhere you love being for your weekend... Please be safe and many blessings are sent your way......
ps. the framed pics are a touch of French with repurposed objects and the altered art photo was purchased from Mark and Susie Holt's beautiful shop when we were in Florida a couple years ago... They have now relocated and the shop is even more lovely....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today we are still hot but tonight it will cool to Fall's chill. I am so looking forward to it as I sit here & listen to the air conditioner pump away.
We do not have any plans for the long weekend other than a contractor is coming tomorrow to give us an estimate on a new roof & vinyl siding.
Your plans for October sound wonderful!
Have a Great TGIF!
Love,
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Isn't it lovely to make new plans? To be excited about what you're going to see and who you're going to meet? Also love your Christmas plans, one of the nicest and coziest times of the year. Have an enjoyable weekend, Ira

awal.ny said...

I like the way you hung the pictures off the wire in the empty frame. Great ideas. I did read what you wrote about the economy, the government can not be held totaly responsible for what has happened. You are right, we also are responsible, we buy those phones and autos instead of saying no. I feel beter about the buying and selling of junk, because it is more of a recycling. Have a wonderful holiday.