Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lets Hear It For Romance

Let's hear it for romance... The romance we can add to our homes.. We can add romance by merely stacking some wonderful illustrated books of decorating to add excitement... When I visit my friend in Toledo she always has stacks of books displayed in a lovely manner and I can hardly wait to touch them and sift through their pages... On chilly evenings it is a very welcome quiet and romantic venture to wrap myself in the softest, prettiest throw and indulge... I find myself in wonderful company when in a book with romantic decorating... For myself personally it takes special magical objects to give me that warm feeling.. I do not achieve it when I am surrounded by very modern things.. I can appreciate nice modern belongs but not any romance.. I acquaint romance with age.... aged timeworn things. Stuff that has been loved. Delights for the senses.. Lots and lots of little treasures... and fabrics from soft to textured.. Candlelight softly flickering on natural hues in color and lotions and perfumes wafting through the air.. Now this is what I call romance.....

2 comments:

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

You know I have to agree with you...books are wonderful friends..don't read as many as I use to bfore I got my computer...but sure do love them.


Rose

The Feathered Nest said...

I just love romance too sweet Marietta ~ I love everything about it and love romantic style incorporated into my home and artwork!! I hope you are doing wonderful dear friend, staying cool too! hugs and love, Dawn