Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Relaxing

Most people I am acquainted with feel they need to be special places for relaxing... Special cottages at lakes... going on trips to Florida or different states of choices or even abroad... Staying in refuges from home... I find myself just the exact opposite... I do not find staying in motels as one bit relaxing... I would rather find my places to dream at home, or close to home... Nesting... Enjoying my own touches of glam and connections to the past... Lovely pieces surrounding me like vintage powder jars and perfume bottles... we have our own personal oasis and get -a-ways we enjoy... For myself I enjoy a one day get-a-way returning to my own bed at night for resting... I do have to confess however this has intensified with age... The extreme cost of travel also takes much of the enjoyment from it knowing full well I could create my own relaxing moments as I will not be partaking of high dollar restaurants, massages and treatments... for myself the domestic touches are just fine... Adding a bit of luxe to my living space makes more sense than spending a chunk on a weeks worth... How we wish to live our lives is our own choices... not making either right or wrong... We have friends with a lovely home on the market for sale so they can have a home at the lake and home in Florida in the winter and are in their senior years... I think to myself that maybe some of us never feel the connected feeling and can make changes at the drop of a hat.... I love the connected feeling of home , family and friends and making it special... Once in awhile it is very nice to enjoy change but for the most part I live my daily life with connection...

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I feel the very same way! I love little day trips, but I really enjoy being at home with friends and family.

Anonymous said...

Oh Marietta.... I envy your connection to your home base. I do not feel that entirely with mine. I really don't know why.... Maybe all the death & distruction that has transpired since we moved here 16 years ago. But we stay....
We are not travelers by nature. With DH a truck driver how could I ask for a trip on his vacation?? Traveling was never high on my priority list regardless....
Just give me my perfumed vintage pillowcases & sheets & a good books for just 1 hour!!
Great Post!
Love,
Marilyn

Kat_RN said...

Relaxing at home or somewhere else, the important part is the relaxing and doing what makes you happy. My Sweet Hubby and I enjoy a good bit of both. We also keep in mind that we are not getting any younger. We do not know how long we will be able to physically do the things we want to do so now is our time to play. I am much happier knowing I have a wonderful place to return to.
Your blog is looking great by the way,
Kat