Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Musings

The sun hasn't arrived this morning... It is overcast ... I have laundry started... Watered what is left of my expired flowers outdoors from the intense heat of the summer and now must think of making nourishment for the day... I found this lovely photos on ULMA and thought they would be fun to share with you...
We were told that we would be having about 14 children coming over for a splash in the pool this afternoon about 4... Tom's grandson is having a way belated birthday party... He wanted a summer party instead of in the winter so today is the day.... We have a sweet young girl that is in our school district ... I believe she is 11 and she has been fighting cancer for a couple years... The school has TV piped into her hospital room where she attends classes with the other children... She is back on chemo after completing a long session and the outlook at this time is not good but she continues to fight... Landon { Tom's grandson} and his family had decided Landon didn't need any birthday gifts and he truly doesn't... but if the children attending would like to give money to this sweet little girl and her family for gas to be with her or something she may need they as a family would match it and Landon would take it to her personally to help with some of the expenses this family has endured.... This strong little girls name is Tianna if you would like to add her to our prayers... She really could use every prayer possible as she continues her courageous battle with this terrible disease....
Our evenings has cooled off the last couple evenings and thus so has the pool water dropped to cooler temps... The boys if they decide they will swim today will be taking a gasping jump in the pool... It is always fun to see the expressions on faces as they jump in... Most time the eyes widen to double size and a scream is heard... I am afraid there will be one lot of screams heard later this p.m. if the sun does come out.....
Well I am off to do chores again... In the next week I need to muster up energy to clean out the window screens and wash all the windows out doors... It soon will be time to think of getting the home ready to endure the winter months and storing things away for another season.. For me it is not going to be as hard to do as the heat this summer was far more than I wanted... so the cooler months are going to be welcome... Also means the sports in High school will be starting and I love attending so I am looking forward to that.... Blessings sent to you once again... Have a lovely day....






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that poor child & her family. Why do children have to endure cancer?? We have a 5 year old down the street (Emily) who has gone thru several chemo & surgeries for brain cancer. The doctors & family & community fights on.....This is truly the only time I question God.
I just put together a macaroni salad & have potatos going for potato salad. Today is hotter than yeterday but not too bad. No AC needed... The guys are finishing up the furnace & yes, it won't be long before I will be washing the windows & happily (I confess) getting ready for the cooler weather!!
Have a great Pool Party.....
Love,
Marilyn

Sandi said...

What a precious thing for Landon to do for that sweet little girl! If more of us would do this what a wonderful world we would live in. Prayers going up for this precious child.
I need to wash windows too. I used to get it done at least twice a year and now I am lucky if I get it done once. Most of ours are the old windows that you haver to take all apart. Not very fun and hard on the knuckles. lol.
Fall is coming Marietta...can you smell it??
Blessings~