Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life's Lessons

As the years have passed I have learned lessons my parents taught me... not really fully understanding everything until the last few years.. My hopes are for a generous spirit to rub off on my family and teaching them to be giving and the total value of family and friends.In almost all cases you really don't have to give allot to receive allot...
When surrounding yourself in good company you are offering one another gifts... Sharing time surrounded by a lovely, cozy, home is the most wonderful feeling... Objects with memories ... the aroma of baking...{ I need a time out as I am baking cookies and that aroma is filling the air and time for checking the baking process... They smell so yummy...} The cookies will be going to Indy with us tomorrow morning... Tom is looking so forward to spending time with his son Todd and his family... Heat is expected... but they have a lovely back yard setting with a spacious pool , fire area ect. so we will be very comfortable.... Dining in Al Fresco in this setting always sets a perfect spot to enjoy family... Always a festive touch in simple offerings....
My very special thoughts and wishes for you all this weekend is that you can spend some time with family and friends and enjoy the value of those moments.... Blessings.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marietta....
Have a lovely visit with family!!
Love,
Marilyn

Farm Field Primitives said...

Have a wonderful visit. I'm sure it will be great.
~Missy~