Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Beautiful Post

Having my coffee and reading new blog posts I found a lovely post that Tracey http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/ placed on her blog within the last few hours.... Feeling somewhat down the last couple days... it was the big punch I needed. Please go on Tracey's blog and share the lovely post "Let's pray, shall we?"
I also found out something else that really bothered me most of the evening... I have been posting about losts lately on my blog... While we were in Florida there was another loss I had not realized happenened. Easter Morning in church as every week I greet these friends and all bubbly wishing them a Great Easter and making small talk... Oh my gosh.... I found out last evening that their daughter had passed away the last of March... Tom and I just totally missed it. We had our computer with us and checked on all the details of home but this one slipped through on us... I just feel so terrible... Have you ever been in a situation where you just didn't know something had happened and you are just a not saying or doing the right thing... Oh my..... I am thinking of making a card or folder to give to her with a note explaining we had no idea of their loss...... I know I saw their daughters husband in church with them and looking over twice and thinking " Oh Cindy's not with them... she must not be feeling well," AND NOT GIVING IT ANOTHER THOUGHT....

The sun is shinning this morning and the blessings of a new day is upon us... I am going to get myself dressed... clean some and go outside and take in some of that glorious sunshine... Have a wonderful day everyone and enjoy the blessings.....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went over to "A cottage industry" and was very moved by her message. Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy your day outside. Sally sjhackney@yahoo.com

Sandi said...

I was totally blessed by the post at "A cottage industry". Thanks for sharing that with us. Just what I needed today and in the days to come that are so uncertain.
Blessings!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

What a terrible thing to have a son or daughter leave this world before the parents. My heart goes out to them. I can't even imagine the pain that they are going through. You know everyones seems they are going to live forever, but life is short even to the ones that live out there lives. We all need to think about that and get our souls right with the Lord.

Have a Wonderful Day-

Ginny said...

I feel the same way about retirement, as I just retired in March. There is so much more time for pondering and thinking, and also, for praying. That seems to help me when I am feeling a bit down.
Lovely blog.