Friday, April 24, 2009

Bygone Era Windchime




What a lovely day. I have been working on restringing my wind chimes... This seems to be a project every year as living in the country they receive allot of wind and chime almost all the time.... I have the one one the deck done and it is with the door hardware and keys etc. I am sure you have all seen those... I was wanting to share the one I just completed for inside for my kitchen window... I have lovely old hand made set of white pillow cases and a lovely old dresser scarf across my picture window over my sink area... and off course it looks out over the pool and back yard and further views to the surrounds fields and woods. I had a small little like $ 1.00 wind chime I think I received as a gift at a party or something I never used... I remembered I had the little chimes and thought what could I do to re-purpose some objects with the romance and glitz and luscious glamour of a bygone era... I think it takes a special eye to see vision in certain objects... And off course if I would sleep while laying in bed instead of thinking what I can use to achieve this it probably would be better ... but I did see this old ...old purse I had purchased for $ 1.00 from a lady whom is over 100. I purchased several things from her at the time and she kinda threw this old purse in for a buck... I thought of this purse and thought it may give me the luxury but still the coziness of a charming nest... This morning I went to the back room to get it and started making the chime... As you can see I did add one of the buckles and a key I purchased from the antique store the day before in one of my earlier post this week. It took me less than 15 minutes to have this one of a kind little wind chimes to add to my kitchen window.... I have a wind chime for less than $2.00 and it has the right charm I love... I may even add a little pair of pink gloves off to the side and embellish it a touch more....

3 comments:

Farm Field Primitives said...

Very creative. If I listen closely, I think I can hear them chiming. Have a wonderful weekend.

~Missy~

Willnnabel said...

I have seen water features made from china before. You did a fabulous job. I just want to reach in and take that lovely pink painted cup. You have been busy. Looking at all you have done, motivates me to get busy.

The Rustic Victorian said...

You are sooooo very clever!