Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To The Place I Belong

Country road...take me home...to the place I belong... I am truly humming this song and loving it. Last night... the eve of returning home I lay snuggled in my little precious antique iron bed for a wondeful relaxed night of peaceful rest... all the pressures were gone... I was HOME...
Surrounded by things I love... the tin fish and sailboats wall decor at the florida condo no longer .... replaced with shabby pink roses and cottage touches..... a person never knows how very very happy your cozy home has made you... It is so comforting to have a space you love so much... Makes a person wonder why we have to leave the place we love and are so terribly happy to return to its walls so filled with comfort and once again fills with the smells of cookies baking and aroma of lunch waiting to be shared... Thanks GOD for the opportunity of seeking another part of the world... but mostly for the feeling of returning home safely to find total peace and beauty of my home... I love being here so very dearly and tears have filled my eyes ... tears of happiness.... of home.....

3 comments:

Joyce's Journey said...

What a truly beautiful post. I guess we probably have to go away for a little bit to realize how very much we love our home. A break in the routine is always good. You are fortunate that you were able to get away - makes the coming home all the sweeter.

Sandi said...

I know exactly how you feel Marietta. There is NO PLACE like home! Glad you are back!
Blessings!

kathy said...

Yes trips are fun , but home is our true welcoming place - our nest -- Welcome back -Kathy - ga