Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Graduated To Senior Years

Another late afternoon post as I managed to play Ladies Golf League this morning without rain but the skies are darkening and more storms are on there way for what seems to be a few days... I have once again cleared the decks and porches of cushions and objects that will be rain soaked.... The farmers have not been able to get in the fields to finish planting... some trying ... As I think about the things we cannot change I jotted down this post... Tom and I have attended several graduations of youth getting ready to venture out and spread their wings and search for new beginnings... Most find it exciting and some find it somewhat scary...
With the 50 plus years that has past since my graduation.... many, many, heartaches and breaks have been suffered... and many lessons learned... In between all this was happenings... many bringing much happiness.... As I have graduated into my senior years... I am still learning new things everyday... Many of them are not so enjoyable.... I have matured enough to tell you what will NOT take place in these senior years... with lessons learned from the past.... The biggest one things being... the urge not to accumulate things anymore ... Not to worry about what others may be getting that I am not... all that has no meaning to me and certainly I have gained the wisdom to know things cannot buy our happiness. That all comes from within one's self and the earlier in life that lesson is learned the more years of happiness lies ahead for you.... With the aging process come the word "ACCEPTANCE" There are many things in life we cannot change and having the wisdom to realize that places you at the head of the class... I believe strongly, I am ranked pretty high up in my graduating class... I have accepted ... I just don't really have to like it though... In these days we all graduate about every 10 years into a different cycle it seems.... Enjoy your graduation......

1 comment:

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

I know what you mean about bringing in all the cushions from the patio! We were promised rain this morning and I flew out of bed to bring in all in...and nothing happened! No rain, no wind, nada! ha ha ha

Last reunion I went to was for my five year. That was over 20 years ago! I don't plan on going to any more.
Patricia :o)