Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Musings

Boy... today has flown by.... we we caring for the 2 grand children today as both parents finished up there school year of teaching.... We took the boys out for breakfast in Archbold and stopped by the Dough Box { a old fashion bakery in Sauder Museum} and let them pick out a sweet pastry for later .... Landon picked out a big old donut with chocolate frosting and Lance a big old decorated sugar cookie....I had her tuck a couple sweet rolls for Tom and I in the sack also..... It's a great place to go.... We downloaded hidden object games on the computer and played checkers and then finally resorted to playing ball outside.... Lance was impressed that I hit a couple of the balls that Tom threw to me and called me slugger.... I think that may be as good as comment as I am going to receive for a grandma of 69.... we usually have to do the age bit on visits.... He always is amazed how many times he has to count to get to my age... He even said once to me.... gees... I almost had to count to 100..... Great for a lady's esteem..... The boys had left now and things are calmer....If rains don't set in we may attend one of the baseball games this evening but the wind is strong and threatening so well see what later hours bring.....
I checked my email and had a nice little surprise in one of them.... Olivia at http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com left me a sweet little message I had won her darling little pillow give-a-way for May....


Since I hadn't written a post for today I would like to leave you with a few lovely words...........

"YOU LIVE LONGER ONCE YOU REALIZE THAT ANY TIME SPENT BEING UNHAPPY IS WASTED".......Ruth E. Renkl

1 comment:

Lady Farmer said...

What a fun, but exhausting day! Going to a bakery sounds so fun ~ I haven't had a doughnut in years! (It hasn't helped any, though! I haven't lost any weight! :~{ )
I would have eaten the roll after the comment on *counting to 100*!

How fun to be the recipient of a giveaway! And a pillow to rest *those old bones* on! Here's to a 'long and happy life'!

Blessings! From one gramma to another!