Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The "Old Fashion Picnic"

The old fashion picnic remains very popular today... Serving up corn on the cob, baked beans, pork roasted, hot dogs, burgers, brats, potato salad, BBQ chicken, watermelon and lemonade....Old fashion games always fun for the young and the old. "ring toss "have been replaced by "corn hole" which is very popular in our area... Nothing like three legged races and volleyball. Even more romantic...a picnic for two shared with someone you are very fond of.....

A day spend in the "open" with the blue skies over head can indeed be a special tonic for jaded nerves and just peaceful pleasure... Although it is more of what we may consider a roughing it day... it is always more delightful displaying food and table settings with vintage or just a quilt and picnic basket on the ground in a pretty way. etiquette is always used no matter what the setting.... Enjoy....
IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME....................
In the good old summertime... In the good old summertime... Strolling through the shady lanes with my baby mine... You'll hold her hand and she'll hold yours and that's a very good sign.. She'll be your tootsie wootsie , in the good old summertime.... {Song by George Evans and Ren Shields}
Oh my, how many of you remember singing this song or listening to it on the radio? I really remember it as being some of the entertainment when you went to the movie and they had sing-a-longs and singing this to the bouncing ball... Oh my how fun and a touch of nostalgia huh?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember when I was little my Grandmother packing a picnic lunch in the wicker basket & taking a blanket & going to the cottage. Oh, how I long for the days I spent with her......
Hugs,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

We used to go on a lot of picnics when i was little.
My husband is not what you would call a picnic kind of guy. When we go on a road trip he would rather stop somewhere and eat. I would rather pack a cooler with sandwich fixins, fruit and lemonade.
That song makes me think of the Judy Garland movie of the same title ~
Hugs))

Sandi said...

Oh a picnic sounds divine right now. Love that song too!!

I just got done mopping floors! Time for a break! As I told someone else I mopped myself right into my computer room. A good excuse to check out some WW posts. Found out not to great when you have to go potty though. LOL
Hugs~