Saturday, June 19, 2010

This morning I was viewing man blogs that posted on "Where Woman Create" and enjoying every moment as I was sipping my coffee and before going out of doors to clean up decks and porch again... Last evening we had storms go through our area again.. 2 tornadoes touched down in Archbold and Wauseon according to police reports with no injuries...
Blissful bloggers with lovely, lovely spaces each strutting their stuff was exciting to view... I would so love to have a space to call my own but I haven't made it happen yet... I always wished for a partner to share my passion for antiques, vintage, and creating but this is just not Tom.. He has one direction... golf and watching sports... I share his passion by golfing and watching sports but rarely does he share mine... So ladies if you have partners that help you make things, work on spaces, you are indeed very fortunate... The instant- gratification of having a special space must be uniquely satisfying...wanted to thank you all for sharing.... Sometimes I wonder what the purpose of my blog is... It is a release for me and mainly about a simple life... My audience seems to be lady's similar to me... I do like to keep a blend of subjects but sometimes being such a homebody seems to limit to my creativity and inspiration as many of the lovely blogs I read are always at shows, purchasing many lovely things to share and travels afar...
You do discover through my posts life is not perfect and pretending it is ... not realistic. My desire however is to enjoy all small things offered in it however... We all need short breaks from time to time... when blogging seems to be a obligation it becomes time to take a break... I only seem to need one once in a while to find some blog candy of which by the way I seem to be short of... I am off to clean the pool... it is finally starting to clean up and be somewhat desirable to swim in.... 93 degrees and time for a dip and some primping.....

7 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Marietta, I've been checking out the creative spaces of bloggers too and I'm thinking those are not craft studios, they are craft stores. Ha! My husband says if the dining table isn't cleaned off before the kids and I head to the States on the 27th, then it is all going in the garbage. He doesn't exactly get all my crafting and recycling. He does like my cross-stitching and crocheting, but it is the paper stuff he doesn't get. And all the coffee cans and cereal boxes and jars I save. He does like to shop though and will go antiqueing with me. Hope your day is bright and beautiful and that all the storms have passed. Best wishes, Tammy

Unknown said...

My hubby just thinks I'm a bit strange when it comes to all of my vintage goodies and so on. But it's nice, having this little space all of my own. He rarely steps foot in here. I think it may scare him just a little! :)

Leigh Ann said...

Marietta,
I have been such a bad blogger for quite some time now. Hopefully I am getting back into the swing of things now though! It has been a scary storm season so far this year, glad you are ok. I too had alot of yard, deck and pool clean-up today. Blessings~
Leigh Ann

Vintage Home said...

..HI...We don't have a pool...but we don't have tornado's either!
But we have tons or rain! Today may be spent completely indoors (with 10 extra guests!)....
My husband is out @ a flea market 30 miles away!....Yes he loves vintage and has a great eye!...But the other side is we both have opinions...soooo some times it takes longer to get things done.
My husband will not golf so I won't be going for lessons...good for you for diving into that sport!
I love your blog...we are all different and reading about others lives and joys and chores keeps us all real! ...Thank you for sharng!

June said...

Marietta thank you for writing this post today. I know that we don't know each other well, but I love your blog and I love that all of us are so unique and different and give to each other in so many ways. I have several blog friends that I am inspired by, but I have many who give me exactly what I need in the way of connecting to myself. It has enriched my life to join Blogger, but sometimes I feel that I need more time to just think and be. Maybe it's time for me to take a little break.
hugs to you
Thank you so much for the sweet note about my studio.

Maple Ridge Vintage said...

Hi Marietta: thanks for stopping by to see me. It's nice to hear from you. I still love visiting all my favorite blogs, even though I am not always updating mine. Hope the nasty storms stay away for awhile. Take care of yourself and lots of hugs!!! Chris

Miss Gracie's House said...

*You are you* and you remind us to slow down...that life goes too quickly and to count our blessings! I always enjoy the tidbits of wisdom and beauty you share with us!
have a great day!
Rene